You probably know that MobBase makes it easy for musicians, bands, artists and DJs to create, launch and manage their own, custom iPhone apps. You may have even downloaded one of the more than 150 MobBase artist apps available in iTunes. But, if you’re not a musician, band, artist or DJ, did you know that MobBase makes it easy for you to make your own mobile app too?
If you’re a music industry blog/publication, record label, radio station, venue, music festival, music school, recording studio, gear/instrument company, or other music related project/company, MobBase can greatly help you connect with your audience through a custom iPhone app. For as little as $0.50 a day, you can use MobBase to build a dynamic app that shares music, photos, videos, tweets, news, event info, merchandise and other content with fans on their mobile devices. Here’s a little taste of the different types of music industry players that are using MobBase to connect with their fans:
Music Industry Blogs, Publications and Resources:
- Indie Music Tech: A blog that explores the technologies enabling the music industry.
- Remix Comps: A community of remix contest enthusiasts that provides information on the latest remix contests going on across the web, and features streaming versions of remix contest winners.
- Wink Sound: A resource for music production videos and tutorials on Ableton, Logic, Pro-Tools, Reason, and Cubase, as well as on mixing, mastering, recording audio, beat making and Djing.
- Evolving Music: You’re looking at it dude
Record Labels and Other Music Companies:
- Controlled Substance Sound Labs/Silverback Artist Management: Record label and artist management firm; artists include Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Fishbone, The Beautiful Girls, Mat McHugh, Rebelution, and The Expendables.
- Town Thizzness: Record label created by Thizz Nation and SMC Recordings; artists include Mistah Fab, J.Stalin, D.Lo, Sleepy D, Beeda Weeda, Philthy Rich, Dj Fresh, Stevie Joe, Shady Nate, G-Stack, and Eddi Projex.
- Independent Media: Marketing and artist development company; artists include K’Naan, Tanya Morgan, J*Davey, Canibus, Shaya, Truthlive and Sin.
- Let It Burn Records: European hardcore record label.
- Flash Records: German electronica record label
- Nobel Records: Norwegian record label; artists include Jazzmaster, Bang Bang, and True Blue.
- Metal Postcards Records: Hong Kong based metal record label.
Radio and Music Discovery:
- IODA Promonet: A promotional distribution network from IODA that helps fans discover and share music from thousands of top independent artists and labels around the world.
- House Music Channel: A destination for all things house music, featuring exclusive music, mixed sets, news, information, and events from today’s hottest names in house music.
- Flawless Radio: An app that helps you discover new music and news from the hottest emerging and developing hip-hop artists.
- LyricShare: A Gospel and Christian music destination that gives unrivaled access to music, pictures, lyrics, sheet music, and videos.
Soundtracks and Soundscapes:
- Sound Healing: This app is the perfect audio companion to meditation and yoga, and includes 72 relaxing songs for meditation.
- Nurse Jackie Soundtrack: The official app for the soundtrack for Showtime’s Nurse Jackie.